Friday 26 July 2013

Lucy Pireel Author Interview

Continuing with the author interview theme this week, I have been talking to author Lucy Pireel. Lucy likes to put a new, darker spin on classic fairytales, so this should be an interesting interview!


1) Can you start by telling readers a little about yourself?

I'm a woman. Not a very girly one, I must admit, but still a feminine kind of hiking, gardening, trying to bake a cake and cook up meals, writing person who loves yoga and teaches it to others too. (hahahaha, run-on alert!)

2) Can you tell us how you got into writing?

It was because of my son (yes, I am a mother too) who wanted pirate stories, but not those you find in traditional children's books. Things had to happen! The jump from stories for my son, to the things haunting my brain was easy to make.

3) Can you tell us about your book. What's it about?

Red Gone Bad is about those fairy tale heroines. Just don't expect any sweet smiles, (or do but expect that nasty side and be surprised at how nice girls can be really, really bad).

4) What inspired you to write a story like this? Are the characters based on anyone you know?

I love fairy tales and hated how a certain company turned them from the dark tales they originally are into the enamel cracking sweet sob stories. That had to be corrected. So I wrote my take on some classic fairy tales.

5) Is there anything that you are working on at the moment and can you tell us a little bit about it?

I'm preparing to put out another short story collection called Collected Death. Guess what kind of stories they are? It's currently being edited by a very good professional. And I'm working on correcting some errors in the manuscript of my first full length novel which I hope to be able to publish near the end of this year or early next year.

Red Gone Bad is available here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFVTYDS
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/260239 

You can also find out more about Lucy by visiting http://lucypireel.com
or on her blog at: http://lucypireel.wordpress.com/



 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me hang around your place Terry! It was fun and the post looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview and interesting book. I just bought it! :-)

    ReplyDelete