Friday 8 March 2013

An Interview with Author Kevin Parrett

Hi everyone! We are taking a break from reviews once again this week. But don’t worry instead we are pulling up a chair and cup of coffee with author Kevin Parrett to have a chat about his first book and how he got into writing. 

Can you start by telling readers a little about yourself?  

I am a father of two and I’ve been happily married for 14 years. I am a technology executive in my day job but I enjoy writing, golf, and reading in my spare time.

Can you tell us how you got into writing?

I actually challenged my kids to help me write a book over the summer. I wanted to help them improve their writing skills but they ended up helping me discover my passion for writing.

Can you tell us about your first novel, The Wolf’s Curse, for those who have not read it? What is it about?  

The Wolf’s Curse is a tale of a young boy who saves the life of a leprechaun. Prior to this event, Franky was regularly bullied and generally had a tough life. The leprechaun encounter gave Franky confidence and allowed him to confront many of the fears in his life. The story is full of humour, drama and life lessons.

What inspired you to write a fantasy tale like this? What influenced the characters? Are they based on anyone you know?
 
My kids inspired me. We wanted to write something unique. We love fantasy books but there are too many about wizards and dragons. In researching various magical creatures we found very little about leprechauns. This allowed us the creative licence to create their history.  As for specific characters, I didn’t model the characters after anyone but I did utilise many of my own life experiences to build many of the scenes.

Is there anything that you are working on at the moment and can you tell us a little bit about it? 

I am working on the sequel to The Wolf’s Curse. Franky and Nicole become the first humans to ever enter a leprechaun city. It will be a magical journey.

The Wolf's Curse is available here for Kindle and here in paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment